1997 Grand Caravan Sport clockspring install

Well I'm getting ready to buy and install this after many weeks of research, checking the Chrysler site to see if my van qualifies for the recall and it doesn't. Does anyone here have any advice for me before I take on this endeavor? I am not a mechanic but am mechanically inclined and have done a lot of my own repairs on Chrysler vehicles I have owned through the years. The main reason I'm doing it myself is lack of funds to pay a garage or dealership to do it, so those suggestions are pretty much out. I've decided I'm doing this myself. Any help is much appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
Monster Zero

It's pretty basic.............

"Monster Zero >" Well I'm getting ready to buy and install this after many weeks of

Reply to
Steve

Very nice Steve! Thanks a million!

Reply to
Monster Zero

"Monster Zero >" Well I'm getting ready to buy and install this after many weeks of

My 98 GC had the clock spring break and I called the Dodge dealer who told me there is no recall but there is a lifetime warantee on the clock spring. Why don't you call a local dealer service dept. with your vin number and ask to be sure before you waste your money.

Reply to
Angell

Will check it out but the Chrysler site said only vehicles with 70k miles or less.

Reply to
Monster Zero

Dodge dealer in Elmhurst IL replaced mine at 153000 miles and 10 years old and told me clock spring will be replaced free regardless of age or miles. But the dealer needs to run the vin number in his computer to tell for sure.

"Monster Zero >"

Reply to
Angell