1999 Cirrus door sensor constantly goes off.. HELP! it is driving me crazy!

I can't seem to figure out where this is coming from. As soon as I begin moving, the car registers a door that is open, dings, and tries to lock the doors. Then it just does it constantly for a while. Sometimes it never stops and othertimes it stops on it's own. Some days I can be driving along fine and then hit the brakes and it happens, other days I can make it stop by cracking a window on the front passenger door. Whatever I do doesn't make it stop all the time though. The only thing I have found that works almost always is to crack the door open to where it is still latched but open. Then the door is seen as open but the dinger stops trying to go off. I am really torn between the plunger sensor on the door jambs or the power locks. I have tried to remove fuses to things to see if the dinging goes away and have found nothing yet. I do not want to take this to a shop because it will be a long time to troubleshoot and then still need to get fixed. This is a commuter car for me and I drive about 1 hour each way to work each day so the constant dinging is really driving me nuts. Thank goodness for the radio. Any help is graciously accepted.

Nick

Reply to
Nick

I had a similar problem on my Neon. The dome light would flicker & the Door Ajar light would also flicker. Turned out to be a missing rubber bumper on the door that was supposed to insure the plunger switch was closed. Hope this helps.

Reply to
High Sierra

x-no-archive: yes

It's the door switch. Costs about $7.00 at the dealer. Takes less than 2 min to replace. Good luck.

Bob

Reply to
Robert Meyer