concorde lights

any after market headlights with a little more horsepower for a 95 Concorde. smitty

Reply to
Smitty

If you can get your hands on a set of headlamps AND MOUNTING BRACKETS for a European-spec (right-side drive countries, not England) version of the car, yes. You will have to modify the bracket so that you can transfer the manual (screwdriver powered) vertical aim adjuster from the US-spec bracket over to the E-code bracket because the E-code bracket is made to be used with an electric lamp levelling motor. Also, you have to file down (grind down, I should say) the mounting "ball" on the manual leveller. And you have to do some clever wiring and put in relays to carry the load.

Very doable if you're slightly mechanical, works great.... Costs about $600 IF you can even get the parts or get someone to order them for you :-(

Worth it if you plan to keep the car for a while, though.

Reply to
Steve

You might want to compare your lenses with ones from a newer model at a junkard. I know small improvements were made on the 94 LHS lenses.

Reply to
Art

Couple things here:

1) "Right hand drive" means the steering wheel's on the right side of the car and the traffic proceeds along the left side of the road. Also called "left traffic" or "left-hand rule of road" or "RHD" or "LHT".

"Left hand drive" means the steering wheel's on the left side of the car and traffic proceeds along the right side of the road. Also called "right traffic" or "right-hand rule of road" or "LHD" or "RHT".

In North America, as in Scandinavia and continental Europe and the Middle East and Taiwan and Russia and Central and South America, we have LHD/RHT.

In the UK, Australia, Japan, parts of Africa, Hong Kong, New Zealand and a few other places, they have RHD/LHT.

Believe it or not, there are wrong-side-of-road (RHD/LHT) headlamps made for the '93-'97 Vision/Concorde; they actually sold RHD versions of the car in Japan!

Occasionally I see parting-out auctions for Chrysler Visions on the German Ebay site.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

On Thu, 13 May 2004, it was written:

See Steve's response; I'm the one who set him up with the European-market headlamps for his '93 Vision. It is an expensive swap but the lamps are VASTLY better. There are all kinds of bulbs being advertised as "upgrades"; the big majority of them are a total waste of money (PIAA, Silverstar, Cool Blue, Lazerblue, and the rest of the blue-colored garbage). The only bulb that makes the lamps work a tiny bit better is something like a Sylvania Xtravision or a Philips High Visibility. It does not turn these dreadful headlamps into good ones, just makes them a tiny bit less bad.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

To add to that... I switched to Xtravision bulbs in the old lamps on my (wife's) 93 before shelling out for the E-code upgrade. I could tell no difference with the Xtravisions. Zip, zilch, nada. To be fair, her '93 still had the 93-style headlamps, not the improved 94-up models- so you might see some tiny improvement with Xtravision bulbs.

You might also see an improvement just by putting relays in the system and upgrading the wiring from the relays to the bulbs. The stock wiring is pretty marginal for the load.

Reply to
Steve

So you might see some tiny improvement with Xtravision bulbs.

As an aside, my friend drove up to my house the other day with a water filled rectangular sealed beam on his Jeep. I picked up a set of Xtravision sealed beams (now labeled "Performance"). They claim to be 3X brighter, and from what we observed they might be right. Too bad Chrysler did not stick to good old styled sealed beams; then we would have a fighting chance on decent lighting.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard