2.0l Valve cover removal question

Just a quick question, can the valve cover be removed off a single overhead cam 2.0 leter engine (Neon) without draining the oil?

Mike mlawrenc(at)gmail.com

Reply to
mike

I would think so. The oil should drain back into the pan with the engine off. I changed the valve cover on my 2.5 many years ago, and there was just a little residual oil on the valve train and the top of the head when I removed the cover.

-KM

Reply to
kmatheson

Of course. Why would you need to drain the oil?

Reply to
Joe Pfeiffer