2000 neon problem

Hello, I am having an issue with my 2000 neon. I believe it may be the O2 sensor but am not real sure. The engine light comes on after about 1 minute of operation. The car seems to have a loss of power in the low rpm's and the higher the engine rev's it get better. at about 2500 rpms or so it seems to run ok. If it is the O2 sensors how the heck do I get them off? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
plmr3311

Have the system scanned to see what code is in it before you start throwing parts at it.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I get a fault code of p 1684 and p 0134 off of the OBDII

Reply to
plmr3311

1684 is the battery disconnect fault, p0134 is the upstream 02 sensor staying center and will cause a drivability problem. you don't need to replace both of them, the one at fault is the upstream one, mounted on the exhaust manifold. I do it under the vehicle while on a lift, if you can see it from behind the engine and access it, just remove it. spray it down with some penetrating liquid before attempting to remove it.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Thanks for your help, If you be so kind to answer one more question. Do you happen to know what size wrench it takes to remove it? Thanks again

Reply to
plmr3311

I use a 7/8 box wrench to remove it, (you have to cut the connector off the old one) and my O2 socket to install it

Reply to
maxpower