2000 neon

I have a 2000 neon will a different year work on the Manuel transmission

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 19:34:04 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

All base neons from '95 to 2000 used the same trans. The 1995 DOHC and 95-99 RT and ACR used a different transmission (which will fit - just has different ratios on 5th gear) After Feb 2000 to 2003 used another Ratio set, shared with the 2001-2004 Magbum, and 2002 to 2005 used yet a different set of ratios. They should all be physically interchangeable, but may have different driveability.
I believe the same trans was used in PT Cruisers and :Cirus and Breeze with standard trans as well - possiblt with slightly different shift linkages.