2000 Neon

When i come to a stop my idle has been dropping down to around 500-550 rpm (lower than it used to be)..every once in a while it almost dies...now if i barely tape the throttle the idle returns to what i call normal 700-800 rpm.....I am leaning toward the IAC but want to do a thorough troubleshoot,I have the factory service manual but i cannot find any troubleshooting section for the fuel sys. Can the IAC be cleaned?....any help would be appreciated, jp

Reply to
JohnP

Not at alll familiar with the Neon, but could it be a dirty throttle body?

Reply to
John S.

Try cleaning the throttle body first.

Reply to
Mike

Thanks for info......I will clean TB,....if problem still persists,what would you recommend?

Reply to
JohnP

Proper diagnosis to determine exactly what the problem.

Reply to
Mike

Cleaned,Throttlebody and IAC,idling good now......thx for help,jp

Reply to
JohnP