2000 Neon Question

I have a 2000 Neon that for that last few months has been starting hard. It has approx. 56k miles on it and I've replaced the plugs, wires, ignition coil, pcv valve, and air filter. It cranks for about 3-5 seconds then it finally fires. I've checked for codes and there isn't any. If it sits for an hour or more, it acts this way. I'm at a loss right now as to why it's this way. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jason

Reply to
Jason

mic canic

I would suggest checking the battery and connections, this would lead to the fuel pressure issue.

-- Thank you,

Michael Lawrence CNET/CNO snipped-for-privacy@thehad.net

Michael

Um, no. It wouldn't. The OP's symptom is extended crank time when the car's been standing over an hour. That symptom does not indicate a faulty battery or faulty battery connections. It *does* suggest fuel system pressure leakdown, usually traceable to a leaking fuel injector(s), fuel rail or hose, a faulty fuel pressure regulator or a failing fuel pump output check valve. However, there are other problems that could also cause this issue, so competent diagnosis is called for. A standing vehicle fuel pressure retention check would be the place to start.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Reply to
maxpower