2000 plymouth neon transmission

I need to find a link to show me how to adjust the linkage in a 2000 plymouth neon. The gearshift cable was taken off the transmission housing for other repairs. When it was put back on and the car was shifted into reverse, it went forward. The other forward gears also worked. I need to figure how to properly hook up this cable on the transmission housing. It seems to be a question of getting it in the right position. Or in the alternative, is something broken?

Reply to
hoff