2002 GC Stereo Question...

I am looking at purchasing a 2002 Grand Caravan. The stereo in this car is the Deluxe model having both CD and Cassette, and the Infinity Speakers.

So here is the question!

Will the stock stereo play discs that are encoded with WMA and/or MP3 files???

I had a great after-market stereo in my 1994 GC that would play normal CDs, WMA, AND MP3s!

I loved packing a CD-R with over six albums of music! No noticable loss of audio quality on WMA, and only slightly on MP3 - and SOOO conveinient!

Anyone know?

Reply to
NewMan

Hi Newman...

I don't *know* 2000+ vehicles, but if you happen to be a betting man I'll betcha whatever you like that it plays only non RW cd's, only .wav's, and even then only if the cd is finalized. (has a second toc at the end)

I *do* know how you can easily settle our bet, though :)

Next time you visit the vehicle bring along a handful of various cd's and try 'em out :)

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Hi Ken,

Well not like it would be a "show stopper" on the purchase. My family NEEDS WHEELS again. Not having a car is a PITA, even in the city. And I am getting fed up with the hassle.

There are so many other creature comforts >NewMan wrote:

Reply to
NewMan