87 or 89 Octane Gas in Pacifica

Does anyone in the group put 87 octane gas in their Pacifica. If so, how is the performance. Thank you.

Reply to
rfuqua

What is in the owner's manual?

I doubt anyone here has a dyno to measure a difference. Therefore, all you will get is an emotional or otherwise worthless opinion.

Dll

hmmm. 87 octane fuel is the only recommended fuel for this vehicle. The use of a higher octane fuel could cause drivability problems in the long run. Over a period of time High octane (slower burn) fuel could leave deposits on the pistons and cause stalling, hesitation and even pinging problems. Just a thought

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

The 3.5L 250HP engine requires 89 octane fuel in my manual.

87 is okay but they recommend mid-grade.

Reply to
Vaughn

You didnt specify year, I looked up 2005 and 2007, it stated 87 octane

Reply to
maxpower

I have an 06 Charger SXT with the same 3.5L and it says to use 89.

Reply to
Vaughn

That is true, that application specifies 89 octane

Reply to
maxpower