cruise control

Hi, I just bought a chrysler voyager 3.0SE '89 great car ,Ionly have two little problems. There is no manual with the car.Maybe somebody has one for me I'm willing to pay for it. And the second problem is how to set the cruise control I pushed the set button a few times but nothing happend

Reply to
Gerwin

On my 3.0L '88 Caravan SE the cruise control is controlled from the turn signal stem on the left side of the steering column. There's a button that slides on the stem with 3 positions. All the way to the left is "off". One click to the right is "on". One more position to the right is "set". This third position is spring loaded and returns to the "on" position. The "set" position sets the cruise control speed to the current speed. As long as you don't slide the button to the "off" position and you don't press the brake pedal, the cruise control should take over the throttle when you "set" the speed.

If it doesn't, then there's a problem with the system. That would include vacuum and electrical problems.

The owners manual is probably easily obtainable from sellers on eBay.

Reply to
David Allen

I think maybe you have to be going some certain speed other than 0 also, simply starting it will not work..... hold on if you are doing 0 then you hit set it would keep you at 0. I am sorry i am wrong.

Reply to
Joe Devola

on my car you must first turn it on, then press set...

Reply to
Punch