Help Parking Brake cable emergency Caravan

My wife's 97 Grand Caravan--the handle that releases the parking brake just came off. I opened the plastic cover an discovered that the cable end has come off and disappeared inside the sheath,

I would like to get the car towed in, but I am afraid that all wheels are locked. Is there any way to unlock the wheels so that I can safely tow it/drive it to a repair shop.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

Reply to
Vijay Kumar

A properly equipped tow truck can pop one end of the van up onto a set of mini-wheels. The tow truck then lifts the other end up. They have to be able to do this for cars that have been in an accident where the wheels may not turn, so there will be no problem with your van.

I suspect it is >My wife's 97 Grand Caravan--the handle that releases the parking brake

Reply to
NewMan

If the cable end has broken off the brake may be released Have you tried to move the van ??

Reply to
sqdancerLynn

Yes and it wont move. I called the repair shop and they asked me to get it towed on a dolly on the rear wheels. I am now waiting for the tow truck.

Thanks to both of you.

Reply to
Vijay Kumar

Well I was able to find the broken end of the cable and pull it with a pair of pliers to disengage the parking brake. After that it was an easy trip to the repair shop.

Reply to
Vijay Kumar

Reply to
NewMan