Idle

I have a 2000 Crysler Sebring Convertible. I just had to have all of my valves replaced due to a timing belt that jumped and caused damage to them. I just got it back today and after having it for a couple of hours it started idling at about 1500RPM's. It jumped all the way to 3000RPM's by the time I parked my car. I noticed that if my air conditioning was ON it idled lower (1000rpm) if turned OFF the air it jumped to 3000rpm's. Does it just need to be adjusted from the new work? Any ideas why it's linked to the air?

Reply to
katster

Could be a vacuum leak.. but it shouldn't do that at all. since we don't know what engine it has don't expect to get to much help here.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

It has the engine that came with the car. I believe it's a 2.5. I can look it up in my manual. Do you have to reset the computer on Chryslers after you repair the engine? My stereo was a disaster after I got it back. The clock was completely wrong and I lost all of my programming. Sorry, if I sound ignorant, but I am. I was actually thinking it might be a vacuum leak myself from all of the research I've done. I'm taking back to my mechanic to make sure they didn't miss anything.

Reply to
katster via CarKB.com