Re: Cost of Sebring Convertible

Three months ago, when in USA, I rented a Sebring Convertible 2.7 l

> for what I thought was a very reasonable price. > > I was wondering what such a car might cost. Obviously this would > depend on trim levels, but let's say a fairly basic version. > > In Britain we don't see this car readily and, anyway, the price in > Europe would be higher than in the US. > > DAS

According to their website they were released in April 2001 in Germany

-- Rickety

Reply to
rickety

Hi Dori,

In the Netherlands the Sebring Convertible is E 47.500 which boils down to 32.775 quid. As the car is designed very assymmetric under the bonnet I doubt there is a righthandsided version of the Sebring.

Martin.

Reply to
Martin Boer

In the NL that price seems to be in CLK country. Must be significantly cheaper in North America.

Silly me, should have gone to the Chrysler website, where prices are shown.

Base price tops out at USD 30 000. That's under EUR 26 000 at today's exchange rate. Now THAT'S attractive.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

In Euro land, do the prices get quoted with sales taxes included?

For example, from what I recall and have seen on some sites, UK Retail prices include the VAT (Some sites show the base price too) whereas US and Canada prices have different sales tax components that are not included in the published price. Ontario Canada has 7% Federal GST (VAT) and 8% provincial sales tax. Consequently if you looked online at a Canadian price it would look a lot less than we have to pay to get it.

Plus there's the $100 Excise tax on air conditioners (allegedly introduced to engender less A/C purchases on the basis that less fuel would be used! - university programs demontrated higher drag from open windows, but the tax remains).

US prices do not include sales taxes (though they are generally lower than most other places.

-- Rickety

Reply to
rickety

By base price I meant the price before extras.

'Euroland' is shorthand for the countries in the Eurozone, i.e. those that have adopted the euro as the common currency. Not all countries of the EU (European Union) are in Euroland, Britain being the notable absentee.

Prices are normally quoted including tax. VAT (value-added tax, as sales tax) varies from about 15% to about 25% across the EU for cars. Some countries may levy an additional 'luxury' tax.

Even if US prices are before tax, sales taxes are much lower. Do they ever exceed the NY rate of about 8/9%?.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Since about two years ago road tax in Britain is related to emissions. Previously the tax was a single annual figure irrespective of the car.

In Germany the tax is broadly engine-size related (i.e. it goes up in 100 cc bands) and there is, I believe, an additional factor that is emissions-related. I am sure somebody will chime in pretty soon with more facts.

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling