Just had to crow

Well after all of the problems and hard work on my rescure bug The Rotten Pumpkin as I call it. I just got it fired up and it runs great for a car that was in a lake and had to cut the top off. I still have a big list of stuff that I need to finish but just to know that after I tore it all apart and cleaned it out inside and put it back togather It fired up on the first crank and just ticked over great. Charges at just over 30amp's at 1500rpm great oil pressure over 80lb's cold and vac at 18in. at 1500rpm. I have not checked the timing yet but I don't think that it will be very far from right on from the sound of the engine. I love it. I only checked the book for spec's so I have not lost my touch since the last vw that I worked on was around 1989. I guess I should put my arm in a cast now from patting myself on the back. : ' )

Reply to
Packrat46

Just got back from a short test drive and wow it has all kinds of power and everything seems to work as it should brakes, clutch and accelerator. It runs like it has been missing getting out and playing.

Reply to
Packrat46

Reply to
Jim347a

I'll just leave it off since it would cost way more then I can afford to get all of the stuff to mank it a real conv. In other words a fair weather rider. I am thinking of putting a couple of bucket seats way back on the rear deck and getting rid of the stock one. Should look real cool that way. I need to beef up the under side to make up for no top but oh well I got this far I may as well do it right so it will be as strong as I can get it. I also am putting in a roll bar just in case.: ' )

Reply to
Packrat46

Thats great Phillip! I remember when you started the project. Congratulations. I know it feels great the first time you hear it run. Glad it works.

< TC
Reply to
tcrdn11