New CC radio ((1999 and later) fitting into old CC body

I note that the "new" unit has rounded corners , but has the same grey and black connectors. Can this unit fit and work in an old CC body?

Yes, I know the "new" units have several (that means 2) screws on the LHS and RHS as compared to the "old" Cc units with a single "big" screw on the RHS and on the LH bottom. An adapter plate that I can make in our school's metal shop can "fix" that "problem" BUT ONLY IF the unit fits the old CC radio opening.

Any reader have any experiences/information on using these "new" CC units in the "old" CC bodies??

Thanks.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

The physical dimensions are the same. It's the mounting points and the shape of the face that are different.

'

'
hasfactory original radios for your vehicle, as well as some of the newerones you are considering.

Reply to
kru