Popping noise on turns and reverse

I hear a popping noise when turning on my 93 Shadow. It feels like it is right under the floorboard (under my feet). It sounds like someone takes a rubber mallet and taps that area. I looked under the car, there does not seem to be much there. It's too cold to really dig into this.

Any ideas?

Car from hell owner Shane

Reply to
Shane McBride

If you roll down the window and listen as you turn, does it get louder? Usually popping when turning points to a bad outer CV joint.

Not really. It's just that you have a mechanic who encourages you to randomly replace parts 'cause he's too lazy or incompetent to diagnose problems correctly.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

If you hear one pop occasionally, like during moments of suspension flex, I would suspect the lower control arm bushings. They may be moving in the frame "ears" from worn out serrations or a loose pivot bolt, or just have worn out rubber.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Cool, once the weather gets a little better, I tear into it. Thanks so much!!!!!

Shane

Reply to
Shane McBride