Re: 92 3.3L Voyager,Caravan,T&C rear brake conversion to DISC rotor?

Hi,

> 1) Can anyone advise if there is a kit available to convert my trusty old > van's rear drum brakes to disc rotor with parking brake? the lhs locks up > every now and then,tried new pads-no luck. > 2) When did chrysler change from rear drum to disc and will the new model > disc fit on an 92 model?

Hi Tom.

Sounds like a perfect candidate for ABS, but I don't know if such a conversion would be practical.

I am not familiar enough with the vans to be able to anwer any of your specific questions - all I have learned about the Chrysler brakes are specific to my Concorde (and the mechanically identical other LH vehicles) only because I own one.

You may not like this suggestion, but you could put some dummy weight back there to help the situation.

I hope someone else can provide the information you need for a conversion. Salvage yards would save you a bunch of money if you do a conversion, and maybe buy new aftermarket rotors and pads.

Bill Putney