Where are tha amps in a Grand Voyager

I have a ;92 Gr Voyager, infinity sound system.

I may be getting a Grand Caravan, I doubt it has the Infinity option. I want to keep the amp(s) since they sound great with a Sony CD head unit.

So, where are they? :)

Reply to
Hachiroku

They are built into the speakers. That's why your screwed without the infinity system.

Reply to
hartless

I think that he was meaning where is the infinity amp in his Voyager so that he could transfer it over... I don't personaly know where it is but got to the local library and look at the hanes manual on your ride and it should tell you :)

Reply to
gett'nintothejeepthing

Mounted to each speaker.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Interesting...they looked like Active Crossovers to me!

I replaced the Stock unit with an Upperlevel Sony CD, and it sounded great. Then I replaced the stock speakers with aftermarket Infinity and MB Quart speakers. It sounds awesome!

But, the door speakers ('subs') there must be an amp for them somewhere...? I notice they don't turn on if the black wire at the head unit is not grounded to the radio chassis.

Reply to
Vash The Stampede

Oh, BTW, I replaced the Infinity head unit in the Voyager and an LHS with aftermarket units. They both worked great. In the LHS, the amp is in the trunk.

Reply to
Vash The Stampede