Berlingo fan heater

Page 2 of 2
contains these words:

I blame the altzheimers, one pint too many and your memory goes.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
contains these words:

In your case, one thimble full...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Or, as I heard it called a while ago in a wonderful malapropism, "Oldtimers' disease".
You can juggle with the apostrophes in that to your hearts' content. (this comment was addressed to several people, hence the apostrophe after the s, not before)
--
Skipweasel
‚úĖ

Sounds like it might have something foreign in it. Leaves are a good suspect at this time of year. Try putting it on full blast for a while and see if anything shifts.
TonyB
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I have no experience of Berlingos but my Xantia fan used to do the same thing. Often a hefty thump to the underside of the dashboard in the vicinity of the glovebox restarted it. I traced it to a loose connector block and spent some time cleaning and tightening connectors. It would occasionally fail after that but some switch cleaner on the connectors usually sorted things out. I was tempted to solder direct to the terminals but it never got that bad again before I sold it.
--
Malc

Night close in on a shanty town.
‚úĖ

I found out that the end of the axle wich is running in the lowest bearing in your heater blower tends to oxydize if you take the motor off its housing [only three screws ] and unplug the multiconnector , You should be able to clean the axle end and lubricate it with a LITTLE multi purpose grease . I have been doing this for several years and a big varyiti of cars . Most of them Fiat Peugeot and Citroen , they are using the same blower Good luck and a lot of fun Wim
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks :)
Much appreciate the reply, but any chance you could sort of tell me how to do it in rough steps?
Even just how to get to the fan itself,
best regards
Keith

‚úĖ