Berlingo Windscreen wipers.

I have an old shape Berlingo and the wipers go click at the top of their travel. On long journeys it does my head in. I thought at first that they were hitting the bodywork at the side of the windscreen but this appears to not be the case. Could it be a gearing/spline problem. It makes no difference with new wipers or the speed at which they are run.

Any idea's as it's driving me mad

Click....Click....Click aaaaaaarrrrrgh

Reply to
dan

Sounds like you have a worn linkage bush or two, if you go poking don't forget that (like electric head light raisers and electric windows) the linkage is quite capable of severing fingers due to the power of the parking motor action - if in doubt disconnect the battery!...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Thought It might be something like that, figured it must be mechanical. Are they easy to fix?

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
dan

Can't recall the design used on the Berlingo so can't say, it depends on were the linkage is, how accessible it is and how Citroen sell the parts, anything from a 10 second job to a few hours work whilst the parts could be anything from a penny bush to a complete linkage assemble... Sorry.

Reply to
:Jerry:

hi depends on the rp no but max £85.00 for the moteur or £57.00 for the conrod assembly hth inc of vat

Reply to
Tim-mz500r