C2 - Hmmm.

Page 2 of 2

My Bentley R had mechanically assisted drum brakes in 1953.
Pierre Verpeaux
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
In alt.autos.citroen on Saturday 22 Nov 2003 4:54 pm, Pierre Verpeaux

I think Bentleys are always an exception :))
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

snip
I still aspire to ownership of a beast like that. The sight and sound of elderly BXs being levered up to get the crane sling underneath, is not a great encouragement. Shoe-string motoring calls for some compromises :((

That was a Ford. <spits to remove nasty taste> The 3-speed gear-box with a bulk-head mounted gear-lever almost 4 feet long, also springs to mind. Not having wipers going up hill was less of a problem than it sounds, because speed was not enough to require perfect vision. The potato trick was sometimes called upon, though.

I no longer insist on the horse being in front. I'm trying to keep up with techonology :))
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^ Interested in Citroens?
-- Whiskers <http://www.aacit.net

<snip>
And that reminds me! If there is anyone out there who will show an elderly (1989) BX GTI 8 valve a good home, I have one which needs taking away...
...email me for more details.
CAS
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
CAS ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you want it to see a blaze of glory and a relaxed chilled twilight, I can put word out on the Plymouth-Dakar email list, Calum?
www.plymouth-dakar.co.uk
We're taking a Saab (www.coldsoba.com/desertvikings), but there's several BXs (and a couple of 2cvs) going.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
gurgled happily, sounding much

can
Too f**king right!! That is perfect! Much better for the old beast to go in a blaze of glory!
It only needs wishbone bushes for its next MOT (which will be due in a couple of months) so should be less than £100 to get it fully legal!
The other thing that would make it ideal is the Diesel gearbox we fitted to it (couldn't find a proper GTI one) that seems to have closer ratios.... ;-)
All the hydraulics are in tip-top nick so it should cope with the bumps no probs.
This would be a fitting final trip for "The Black Beast"
CAS -- PADI AOW? Get Rescue Training on UKRS Course #1 - http://divesite.calumscott.me.uk/ukrs/rescue_diver_2004 Temperature @ Stoney? Find it or share it @ http://stoneytemps.calumscott.me.uk /
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
CAS ( snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If it goes this year, no worries. One month today, I'll be sitting on the south coast of spain waiting for a ferry to Morocco.
Of course, there is always the "MOT? Tax? Que?" theory of car preparation....
Add pictures here
‚úĖ