Help about xantia lights

I have a xantia 1.9d 1994, when I bought the car I never received the owners manual. I keep getting an orange light on the dashboard which is a circle with some dashes around it.
Can anyone explain what this is and do I need to worry about it. I have recently had the breaks replaced, or is that a red herring.
thanks
jason
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On 28 Nov 2004 13:39:56 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (jason) wrote:

Probably not, it sounds like the front brake pad wear warning light.
It could well be that the pad wear sensor wire hasn't been clipped in place properly when the pads were changed, and its chafing somewhere causing the light to come on.
Nick
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Nick
thank you for your reply, without sounding completly thick is it dangerous?
jason
(jason)

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On 29 Nov 2004 10:05:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (jason) wrote:

No, it just means the brake pad light will come on for no reason. It won't directly affect the brakes at all.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Although that one is red in my Xantia 2.1 D
Theo
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Normally it's ligt break, I suppose you forget to put in correctly the cable

Add pictures here
‚úĖ