More Xantia Questions!

Dear all,
Following on from the post about the Xantia 16v engine, I also have some various questions regarding the Xantia which I'm hoping someone may want to
answer:
1. Does anyone know if a portable CD player will fit in the space between the Keypad Immobiliser and the bottom of the ash tray thingy? Otherwise what is the best way to connect a CD player?
2. On the top-spec cars, what are the three buttons for to the left of the steering wheel? My Xantia just has plastic button covers.
3. What is the strange tiny grill just to the right of the digital clock?
4. Why is there a grab bar on the dashboard? This seems quite useless unless it is meant to be used as a magasine rack.
5. What is the orange light with a "K" on it which lights up just before ignition?
As you can see I am very excited about my new-old Xantia.
Moger.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

what
Not sure if it will fit but you can get dash mounting kits that support the CD player and provide some absorbtion from shocks (see http://tinyurl.com/lgg8 for an example)

Don't know

I believe it is where the internal temperature sensor for the car is.

unless
My significant other used to hold on to it if I drove like a maniac ;-) Later models have a passenger airbag there now.

It is to do with the engine's computer. Not a problem on starting but if it comes on whilst driving then the management system has detected a fault and you should get the car to a garage ASAP

On my second Xantia now after the first one got written off and do like the car's myself
Paul
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"Paul Haslam"
Betrag dies gedichtet:

I have the VSX edition, whic also haves some plastic covers. One of the covers will be used if you have an alarm system. Another one may be necessary if you have a tow hook in the rear (indicator for trailer)
I got my old new Xantia one week ago, and I still am excited!
Frank

‚úĖ

unless
I've often wondered about that and concluded that it is to some sort of aid for a particular sex act that is peculiar to the French.
James.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Yes, they call it the 'soixante-neuf'!
Moger

aid
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

what
Just buy a new Radio/Cd player, should cost some 100 to 140 euro for a good one here in the Netherlands or Germany. Connecting it in the car is easy, the is equipped with a ISO-connector, so take out the old radio and just plug in the new radio.

Can be anything optional, like electrical heating for the mirrors, front fogg ligts.

The Xsara also does have this grill (Type 1 Xsara, before 2000?) If your have climate-control (automatic airco) in your car, then you can find the temperature sensor behind this tiny grill

unless
You can use it as a magasine rack, or as a grab bar like in a roller coaster for your passenger :-)

ignition? This is for the electronic choke or something like that, to get the engine started when it is cold. It should ligt up for a few seconds when starting the car.

Good luck with your new Xantia.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ