Help about xantia lights

I have a xantia 1.9d 1994, when I bought the car I never received the owners manual. I keep getting an orange light on the dashboard which is a circle with some dashes around it.

Can anyone explain what this is and do I need to worry about it. I have recently had the breaks replaced, or is that a red herring.

thanks

jason

Reply to
jason

Probably not, it sounds like the front brake pad wear warning light.

It could well be that the pad wear sensor wire hasn't been clipped in place properly when the pads were changed, and its chafing somewhere causing the light to come on.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Read

Nick

thank you for your reply, without sound>

Reply to
jason

Although that one is red in my Xantia 2.1 D

Theo

Reply to
Theo van Riet

No, it just means the brake pad light will come on for no reason. It won't directly affect the brakes at all.

Reply to
Nick Read

Normally it's ligt break, I suppose you forget to put in correctly the cable

"jason" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
mammut