saxo sx power steering dilemma

when i start my saxo, the power steering is fine for 5 mins or so and then the steering becomes heavy. any advice on what i can do to fix this without being charged the eath at a garage?
-- Message posted using http://www.talkaboutautos.com/group/alt.autos.citroen / More information at http://www.talkaboutautos.com/faq.html
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Another talkabout moron, hint, put - "Usenet" alt.autos.citroen - into your favourite search engine and then come back when you learn how to post to Usenet correctly...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

A little harsh perhaps Jerry?
I'd guess - and it's a wild guess - that the drive is slipping as it warms up. If the steering pump is driven by belt that's likely but I don't know this engine so it's just a guess. TonyB
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

No, not were talkabout.coN or those who use it are concerned...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
TonyB ( snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It's an electric pump on these.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
hi,the engine size is 1587cc but not sure if electonic or belt driven (the power steering that is).Fluid level appears ok.I assume if its electronic theres a fuse? but i know nothing about cars so at the mercy of the all powerful garage mechanic!