Xantia Exclusive

Hi
I`m new to this group, so I might not know too much about Citroen yet, but I`ll learn. I recently purchased a Citroen Xantia Exclusive, 1999, 1.8. Looks like it`s new. It hasn`t been driven very far, 110.000 km.,
and it`s got leather seats, that and the rest of the interior looks like it just came from the factory. I bought it off my neighbour, who works with Citroen, two days ago.He has been very careful with it and since Citroen is his job, he has been fixing and polishing the car almost every day. He`s bought a brand new C5... Anyway, I`m getting the car next week cus he didn`t want to cheat me, and wanted to change the breaks on the front wheels and the exhaust. In norway it gets a bit cold now and then and we drive 3-4 months on snow. I`ve learned that it`s a good winter car as well after reading in norwegian forums about people having similar cars.
I don`t know much about cars and I`ve only recently started to get very interested in what`s underneath the paint... I still got my old car, a 1989 Mazda 626, wich refuses to die. It`s not worth much, but I`ll keep it for a while so that my wife can use it to work.
If anyone`s got any hints or tricks about the Xantia, please let me know....
Frank...aka Mr. Pink
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Mr. Pink ( snipped-for-privacy@anfield.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Didn't think they did a 1.8 Exclusive? Here in the UK, I think the choice was v6 (hatch), 2.0 turbo petrol (estate) or diesel (2.1/HDi depending on age)

Ah - that might be a difference.

If your mate works for a dealer, then he's probably taken good care of it. The only "extra" over any normal car is the hydraulics. Have a read of this group in Google Groups, and there's all the advice and tips you'll need.
Good luck with it!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I was reading < and I became inspired,

Some reading: http://www.tramontana.co.hu/citroen / http://www.aacity.net / http://www.citroen1.info / http://www.citroencarclub.org.uk /

Great car. Good choice. Good luck.
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup
2Rowdy wrote:

Thanks. I`m really looking forward to taking it out on a loooooooong drive next weekend. I`ll let you all know how things work out. I`m thinking of starting my Blog about the car. Could be fun.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian wrote:

Thanks. My neighbour has already explained the dangers of parking with the front of the car over the sidewalk etc...things that MIGHT go wrong... He also made a joke about the Xantia having technology and the Mazda just had been put to together to last long and not being fun to drive. Lol..he`s actually close to the truth...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ