Xm presure relief valve

Hi I have just bought a k reg xm I think the rear spheres have gone Very hard bounce at rear and there is a constant clicking from the engine bay ?
I have bought two new spheres i need to know where the presure relief valve is i have looked in the engine bay But can i find the thing ! Hope you guys can help me out Ps does the turbo alway's whistle on tick over ? Dave
dave w via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You need to do the accumulator as well, then - that's what's causing the clicking. It will also cause you to have no brakes if the engine stops while you're on the move.
Do the lot.
Two front wheel One front hydractive centre Two rear wheel One rear hydractive centre One accumulator
The only tricky one out of that is the rear centre, which needs the centre cross exhaust box dropping.
It IS worth it. I'd also flush the hydraulics through then put new LHM in. You will transform the car.

Find the accumulator sphere. Probably low on the front of the engine. That's attatched to the pressure regulator block, which has the relief screw on it.

Which engine? My petrol Turbo doesn't. Maybe a pulley or pump bearing?
Hi Adrian Thanks for the info We are going away on saturday so i've not got time to do them all I have notice when the clicking starts the whistleing stops ?? Dave
Adrian wrote:

dave w wrote:

dave w wrote:

dave w via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The clicking is the pump cutting in and out. Sounds like shafted bearings in the pump.
You might like to have a look at http://www.citroencarclub.org.uk/ds - it's a 1950s hydraulic manual from Cit at the launch of the D. There's an awful lot of it still applicable to the XM, including the basic operation of the pressure regulator, pump and accumulator.
Thanks Again Is the pumnp likely to fail ? I did intend to use the xm for my holiday 500 Mile round trip Dave
Adrian wrote:

dave w via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Probably not, just get louder.

You won't even need to fill the tank with fuel while you're away.
I'd get that accumulator done ASAP, though.
Hi Adrian i will change the accumator before i go away. I have heard none gen spheres can cause un told damage is this true Mine arre none gen Dave
Adrian wrote:

dave w via CarKB.com ( snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Flat ones certainly will. The accumulator sphere also damps out the pressure pulses from the pump - A flat one can crack the regulator block and stress-fracture the pipework. Flat wheel spheres mean all the shocks from the road are transmitted STRAIGHT to the body, and can mean that tired front strut tops on an XM break, shoving the suspension strut through the bonnet...
Non-genuine ones? <shrug> No real problem that I've heard of. Certainly better than flat genuine ones. They might not last as well, but...
Thanks for all the info I got the back ones changed what a difference Going to do the back middle next Dave