1934 Ford Model BB horn wiring

My brother just bought a '34 BB. He has repros of the service manuals but there is not a good drawing of how the horn connects to and through the steering column.
We can't figure out 1) how to remove the horn button (and light switch from the middle of the steering wheel and 2) how one connects the leads to the base of the steering column; it looks like a bulbus part is missing from here. There is a bailing still there that we assume holds that peice in place.
Any ideas of how to disassemble the steering wheel and where the wires attach to? Are there any good sites detailing the electrical for this vehicle?