55 chevy

Hi folks, I have a problem trying to replace my dash trim on the old 55 chevy, not my truck it is on my 55 210 sedan, does anyone know how I can remove the head light switch? I know it sounds dumb but I do not
know where else to ask or go, no results on search engines, thanks a million in advance for any help and I know this group is for classic trucks in which I have and enjoy reading about others here, I have a car show sat. and I need to be there but I am lost on this one,,,,,Marvin
snipped-for-privacy@cableone.net
RemoveTheX's wrote:

you might try looking for an allen screw that holds the knob on, and in some of the older vehicles there is a button on the bottom of the switch that will allow you to remove the push=pull rod, once that is out you should be able to turn the entire switch to remove it, holding the lock nut of course.
that is how it works on my 67 international pickup, not very familiar with that old of a chevy car though.
HTH
Eric
--
To Reply directly delete "removethis" from email address

Eric,
My old '58 Chevy had the button on the switch body... Pull the headlight switch all the way out, reach under the dash and you should be able to feel the little spring loaded button on the switch. I can't remember if it's on the bottom or top, but find it, push it in as you pull out on the stem, the stem should come all the way out... Might want to disconnect the battery first...
Hope this helps.