64 Chevy C10 Disk brake conversion

I have a 64 chevy truck that i would like to convert to disk brakes, is there a way do this with junk yard parts? The main question would be what vehicle or vehicles could i take the parts from for the conversion? If i
have to i will buy the conversion kits, but they are very expensive. Has anyone done this?
Thanks
If you had the experience to do this (customize from another vehicle) you'd already have the answer. I'd guess your experience is maybe a little limited.
I doubt there is an easy swap. You didn't say if the truck is 4x4 or just rear drive. If rear only, front disk conversions are a real possibility. 4x4 and rear brakes are more work.
Were this me, I'd take some measurements of the front end spindle, a-arms, and the like. Then start measureing stuff in the yard till somethign is close. You'll possibly have to do welding. You will new a new master cylinder (with vacuum assist if the old one didn't hvae that), proportioning valve, and I'd strongly recommend new brake lines. Disk brakes use higher line pressure than drums. Blow a front brake line on something that old, and the rear brakes won't do much to slow you down.
The best solution woudl be a kit. In the end a kit would be only slightly more expensive and much safer.

Before you go to that much work, check this out.
ventilated drums - http://www.chtopping.com/classictruck.html
high performance shoes - http://www.praisedynobrake.com/index.htm
You may be able to get a significant improvement in performance without changing to discs.
Then again, if you're after looks rather than performance this won't help.
regards, Leon
marivera wrote:

http://www.earlyclassic.com
recommended by everyone that has actually done the conversion with their kit at http://www.chevytalk.com 60-66 trucks forum - register and ask around yourself. Good people over there. do a search also on disc swaps once yer registered(it's free).
-dt
wrote:

-tdt
--
and there was thunder, thunder over thunder road
thunder was his engine and white lighting was his load