headlight bucket

I got a 53 chevy pickup. I was working on one of the fenders yesterday and was going to put in the headlight bucket but it wouldn't fit. They came with the trk years ago when I bought it and I assumed they were the
right ones. They are too big to fit in fender but yet the chrome ring seems to fit. Brothers sales them new but it says you need to use your original towers. What are they talking about, original towers? Any help, thanks!
Hi,     I'm sorry that I don't know exactly what they mean. The only towers I know of are the shock towers. They are behind the bucket. They are the body housing for the shocks. It seems strange that they would say that. Did you compare the old ones with the new ones? You may have to slightly modify them to fit. If the retaining ring fits they should fit also. Don't force them or cut out anything unnecessarily. I would ask them to show me an example. A picture is worth a thousand words. I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Jessie