aluminium welding - cylinder head

I'm going to need an aluminium cylinder head (elderly bmw525) crack- tested, checked for true (flatness) and possibly welded up if it is actually cracked. Can anyone recommend a firm that can do this kind of work? Ideally somewhere near Woking in Surrey?

/Simon

Reply to
Simon Birkby

A few years ago Holbay Engineering Framlingham? Suffolk repaired the detonation damage to the head on my H120 Rapier by machining the damaged area, welding in new material and then machining the combustion chambers to lower the CR slightly (H120 was designed for 5star... hece the damage). Of course doing the original engine development work for Rootes gave them an advantage with this engine

Reply to
Gwyn