Sandblasting

I'm looking for company near Dartford that can Sandblast chassis and tub of a Spitfire, can any help / recommend anyone ??

Cheers

PAUL

Reply to
phv

You certainly don't want sheet metal sandblasted - it will take forever to get a decent surface to paint afterwards.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bollocks on a stick.

OK, so you don't want sandblasting, you want gritblasting (you never want sand). You want somewhere that knows what they're doing, because you can hailstone a thin bonnet into oblivion if they're gorillas. You also want somewhere that uses the right grit for the job in hand, and cleans it as necessary.

But it's perfectly sensible to have a tub blasted, it's not a problem to refinish it afterwards, and with modern high-body primers it's a piece of cake to do so.

I don't know Dartford, sorry.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Paul, try North Kent Shotblasting at Gravesend they might help

regards Mike

Reply to
Michael Blakesley

Eh?

Which part of 'sandblasting' didn't you understand?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Sandblasting" is as much of a generic term as "sandpaper" or "bic" - I certainly read it as covering all forms of media blasting.

Again, I don't know Dartford, but there's a good place on Bovingdon Airfield, near Hemel Hempstead.

Reply to
toomany2cvs

Anyone know of any media blasting companies in the South of UK (prefer Dorset area) that could do a Mini body?

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose