Rover P5B

A semi disabled mate of my brother in Aberdeen has just had an accident in his much loved P5B. It will need a N/S front wing and door. Where are the best places to try? And any sort of guide price? I'd describe the car as top condition 2 and it's valued at 2500.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Almost a silly suggestion dave, has he tried ebay? I've seen panels come up there from time to time. Also, rover P5 owners club 01784 258166, rover P5 alive owners club 1 bank st faversham kent, and rover classics 01205 870805. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

The accident happened this morning. I expect he may not have the time to wait for them to come up on E bay as it's the only car he can drive. It's easy to get into from his wheel chair.

Thanks for that - I'll pass it on.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Also try

Flogs stuff on Ebay (roverp5bb) as well as direct, lovely bloke to deal with when I bought an interior a few weeks ago, several vehicles being broken at that point. Front wings =A3150 upwards, doors =A350 up according to his site.

John

Reply to
john.sabine

I just spotted a yard full of old Rover's on my way home from work tonight ... I've never noticed them before (And I've been passing daily for a year) so don't know if they've been there long but there was a P6 which looked serviceable, one or 2 SD1s and even an 800 plus potentially some piles of bits..... there were a few more cars in the yard too. Its a long shot but I'll take a squint on my way past and see what other stuff is lying around.

Reply to
DougP

I have used Earl Part for Triumph wings. Don't know if they do Rover, but they are helpful and might know who does, if they can't supply the parts themselves. 01773 719504 if you want to give them a call.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

I worked with a disabled bloke once. He drove an old Saab for the same reason. Might be something to look into if he needs something quick and temporary while his Rover is sorted.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren

Tell him to stick to a wheelchair in future. More likely to waste himself rather than a car, maybe saves a little on my tax return too, to pay for all our dirty immigrants.

Reply to
iffi

When you make these comments, please remember that *this* is part of your posting....

Path: drt1!artnm!t1!172.24.8.50.MISMATCH!feeder.news-service.com!nntp-server.pubsub.com!news.glorb.com!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!local01.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.bt.com!news.bt.com.POSTED!not-for-mail Message-ID: From: "iffi" Newsgroups: uk.rec.cars.classic Subject: Re: Rover P5B Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 00:09:03 +0100 References: Lines: 13 NNTP-Posting-Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:09:08 -0500 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2869 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2869 X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original NNTP-Posting-Host: 86.134.240.160 X-AuthenticatedUsername: NoAuthUser X-Trace: sv3-qo7zdVm+EePAI0/har4F3z0wkqvsyYwPefTP+OGAG4PGYov/czNlQoDBW6OXSPrDqpJlrTm4RfsdTl9!tcCKaZxNP8cftAK/alhIb6fikaixjC51spNU6tZB9EcL1yU6rU8X3FXkxZXPh0o= X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com X-DMCA-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Please be sure to forward a copy of ALL headers X-Abuse-and-DMCA-Info: Otherwise we will be unable to process your complaint properly X-Postfilter: 1.3.32

Makes complaining to your ISP so much easier.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

I wouldn't dream of telling someone in his circumstances what to do. What do you think gives you the right to?

So you think a car more important than a human. Have you even vaguely considered what this says about you as you stare at your computer screen in your lonely bedsit?

Why would him stopping driving his P5 save 'your' tax? Quite the reverse, actually.

Which country did you or your parents or ancestors immigrate from?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dave, I take my hat off to your restrained response! What my thoughts were when I read this idiot's post are just not printable!!!!!! With any luck, people like this will just go away if ignored / killfiled. He appears to be what I would term an "oxygen thief", someone who just doesn't deserve to use the planet's oxygen! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Dave Plowman (News) ( snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Troll-land, I think.