29 year old , mother of 4 , dies while test driving a SuperCharged Vette

It appears to be a C6 vette with a Magnuson Supercharger (?) . How tragic for the young mother.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Reply to
Bob I

It wouldnt have made any difference to her and her family and friends, but, it would have made a difference to the passenger who was looking to buy the Corvette she was giving him a ride in...because he wouldnt have been in her SUV . The passenger was banged up pretty good and of course witnessed her dying beside him -- something that is not easily forgotton.

Reply to
ilbebauck

So the moral of the story is "Don't ride with idiots".

Reply to
Bob I

I suspect that at some time we all have been that idiot or will be.

brian

Reply to
brian

@Ireland: Deaths, when one undertakes challenges close to the limit of their physical and skill capacities, are usually more notable. (And, are more critically judged by the naysayers of free competition.)

Hence, the human competitive spirit and the growth of excellence.

-- pj

Reply to
pj

"Would it have made a difference??What an ass. If he was looking at an suv. the owner would demo the space or ride in the snow and the tragedy would not have happened. While you bob have never been in an accident or lost control.. I have. And by the way.. it is not only based on ones ability..

Reply to
rebco10

Skill has very little to do with it. You do this stuff on a racetrack with safety gear so when you do crash, you do not kill yourself or others.

Best drivers in the world crash. Skill doesn't have that much to do with it. Off the street and on a track, do.

Vito

Reply to
Uncle_vito