3rd taillight on 63?

I see this vehicle listed on Ebay-

and in the seller's description he say's- "A third extra tail light from 63 original option kit'. Was that really an option or an aftermarket idea?

Reply to
lib

> and in the seller's description he say's- "A third extra tail light from 63 > original option kit'. Was that really an option or an aftermarket idea? >

popular customizing technique at the time (likely AFTER 1963 model year was over), never offered by Chevrolet as an option.

Reply to
WayneC

Not a GM option, just a custom job that was common as were the rims, disk brakes, valve covers, to just mention a few of the non stock '63 parts.

Reply to
Dad

when i bought my '64, i was told later that it was part of the "california option" whatever that means but i haven't followed it up since...

is that something that dealer's would have offered prior to selling??

hmmmmmm