3rd taillight on 63?

I see this vehicle listed on Ebay- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-STINGRAY-1963-SLIPT-WINDOW-CORVETTE-STINGRAY-RED-with-AUTO-TRANS_W0QQitemZ200120764748QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6168QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem-
and in the seller's description he say's- "A third extra tail light from 63 original option kit'. Was that really an option or an aftermarket idea?
lib wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevrolet-Corvette-STINGRAY-1963-SLIPT-WINDOW-CORVETTE-STINGRAY-RED-with-AUTO-TRANS_W0QQitemZ200120764748QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6168QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem-

was over), never offered by Chevrolet as an option.

disk brakes, valve covers, to just mention a few of the non stock '63 parts.
when i bought my '64, i was told later that it was part of the "california option" whatever that means but i haven't followed it up since...
is that something that dealer's would have offered prior to selling??
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?catP0&ppuser 9 697

oryZ6168QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem-