Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Page 3 of 7
And where is the "Vonderbar" W-12 from the VAG? Dead on arrival. That's where it is. Audi A4,A6,Passat = 8 ball joints per front end. A very poorly
engineered/executed multi-link suspension. The platform strategy propagates mistakes. Now the good stuff. Quattro. BK

Snip foolish blather...

What does "if it was still around" tell you??? Sal is having as much fun with his dreams as having sex with Marilyn Monroe, if she was still around. That might be it, he likes them dead.
By the way when one of the car rags was test driving the new C6 by taping off the grill and folding the mirrors back they came up with 190 MPH, and beyond most peoples ability to handle, a speed that is close to the 200 MPH that seems so dear to ol Sal. That was a stock C6 without the dicking around with the rev limiters.

something wonderfully witty:

Only if you added in Theoretical Intelligence on the part of the original video gamer, ah I mean posser, no damn it poster. Yeah that's the ticket -- wanna see film of grannies last 1/4 run?
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
Sal wrote:

Math isn't your strong suit, is it? The B5 Passat's 2.8L V6 made 190 HP. That's about 68 HP/L. Multiply that by the W8's 4.0L and you get... 271 HP, which is pretty damn close to VW's rating of 270 HP. So where the hell do you get 400 HP? (Apart from your delusional fanboy fantasies, I mean.)
-- Mike Smith

I was talking about a THEORETICAL 2008 W8. Seeing that the Passat B5.5 V6 BHP was just 190, but the Passat B6 V6 BHP was 280 it's reasonable to think that if a 2008 W8 was still around, it would have 400+ BHP.
Sal wrote:

In other words, more of your delusions.

The 3.6L in the PQ46 makes 280 HP, or about 78 HP/L. A 400 HP engine would have to over 5.0L at that rate, rather large for the Passat which is now basically a stretched Jetta. Also, the W8 was designed for longitudinal-engine applications, as was the 2.8L V6, and wouldn't work well in the Passat's current transverse-engine configuration, even if it could fit.
-- Mike Smith
Maybe it would be a W10, but if the sucessor of the Passat W8 was still around in 2008 it would have 400+ BHP. The 2002 W8 always had 50% more horsepower than the V6 Passats. The 2008 Passat V6 has 280BHP, and the 2008 V6 Passat R36 has 300 BHP thus even 400 BHP would be a lowball estimate for a 2008 Passat W8. Volkswagen can put a 650BHP TWIN TURBO W12 Monster Engine in a GTI so a 400+ BHP engine in a Passat would be no problem.

something wonderfully witty:

Wait wait. A couple of posts back you just said it was a brand new car. Additionally the list was well over 90k, not 40K. You on drugs or just stupid?
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream

Ok so I don't own either car but even if what you say is true, frankly I'll take a Honda Accord for a daily driver and a Corvette for fun driving any day over your choices. I dare you to tell me your family car is more reliable than the Honda or more popular than a Corvette? Where I live, I don't see too many Passats compared to Corvettes so I guess per your rant, no matter how fast they are, people prefer Corvettes.
And I don't recall recently seeing anyone here claim the Corvette was the fastest car around. What I have seen is that it's a fun car to drive with good performance.
Are you living in a dream world? Passats must outsell Corvettes at least 10 to 1 in the US. They're the best selling European Midsize car in America, and they're the BEST SELLING Midsize Car in ALL OF EUROPE.
On Jul 14, 2:34 am, db wrote:

YOU are the moron living in a dream world. Last year Passats were 75,000, compared to 34,000 Corvettes. So considering IT'S just another volkswagon sedan, that's pretty lousy, probably cause it's just another overpriced taildragger. Considering the pathetic horsepower rating it gets crappy gas mileage too. Especially IF you compare it to a 'vette. But then you live in your litte contrived dream work, you probably ought to stay away from computers and real information, and go back to playing your console games.
Sal wrote:

What are you talking about? Passats have the MOST horsepower in their class. Passat 4 Cylinder 200 BHP, Passat V6 280 BHP, Passat R36 300 BHP. That's more than Accord, Camry, Sonata, Altima, Fusion, Malibu, and Sebring.
You obviously know NOTHING about cars thinking that Passats have less power than their competition.

:>What are you talking about? Passats have the MOST horsepower in their :>class.
That may be true Sal but a Passat is outclassed by a Corvette every time.
Oh, really, what's the fuel economy of a Corvette? What's the Corvette's Drag Coefficient? What's the reliability record of a Corvette compared to a Passat according to consumer reports? What kind of crash test results does it have? Did the Corvette have the 3rd lowest death rate among 200 popular cars compared by the IIHS like the Passat did? What kind of top speed to horsepower ratio do Corvettes have compared to Passats? What kind of ego emmisions do Corvettes put out?

What car do *you* own Sal? What car do *you* drive Sal?
:>Oh, really, what's the fuel economy of a Corvette? What's the :>Corvette's Drag Coefficient? What's the reliability record of a :>Corvette compared to a Passat according to consumer reports? What kind :>of crash test results does it have? :>Did the Corvette have the 3rd lowest death rate among 200 popular cars :>compared by the IIHS like the Passat did? :>What kind of top speed to horsepower ratio do Corvettes have compared :>to Passats? :>What kind of ego emmisions do Corvettes put out? :> :> :> :>
:>> wrote: :>> :>> :>What are you talking about? Passats have the MOST horsepower in their :>> :>class. :>> :>> That may be true Sal but a Passat is outclassed by a Corvette every :>> time. :>

It's a VW, although I never drive it this fast.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Sal29/Passat%20Top%20SPeed/hpa333km.jpg
Gosh, this computer just beeps every once and awhile.
Sal wrote:

Great, now that we've got that nailed down:
Install a full cage, window net, some harnesses and descent tires. Buy a fire extinguisher & helmet and, get it on.
-- pj
I don't drive that fast, it's my friend who drove his VDUB that fast on the track.

something wonderfully witty:

Hey isn't that the photo from some guy's purple corvette?
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
WOW, you can't even tell the differences between a VDUB Speedo and a Corvette Speedo? That is a VDUB Speedo and I'll let you figure out what car it is if you're smart enough.
On Jul 14, 8:53 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-