Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

The 11.0 second HPA Golf R32 costs $54,000. BTW, when I say EVERY price Point, I mean EVERY price Point. If you got the money you can get a 1000BHP GTI like this and thanks to All Wheel Drive it can actually use that power where a 1000 BHP Corvette will just spin its wheels going nowhere and cost TONS more than the GTI on top of that. I don't know how much this 1000BHP GTI costs, but it's probably less than $100,000

EVOs, GTIs, and even old RX7s and Supras are FAR FAR faster cars than Corvettes at the same price points. If you want a car that's NOT the fastest at its price, it's better to get a Porsche Cayman or Boxter instead of a Corvette. A Cayman is a FAR more impressive looking car and is a far better chick magnet than a Corvette anyway and has a far more high class and noble bloodline.

> None of them, but the BEST bang for your buck car is NOT the Corvette > either.

Reply to
Sal

SAL: Just what have you been smoking....?

Seriously ! It has to be something mind altering..

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

And where is the "Vonderbar" W-12 from the VAG? Dead on arrival. That's where it is. Audi A4,A6,Passat = 8 ball joints per front end. A very poorly engineered/executed multi-link suspension. The platform strategy propagates mistakes. Now the good stuff. Quattro. BK

Reply to
bill kolofa

You're the one who's smoking something crazy.

This shows HOW PATHETIC a car Corvettes are for the money. They don't have the racing legacy or noble blue blooded history of equally priced cars like the Porsche Cayman S or Boxter S, and they don't have the performance of equally priced GTIs, EVOs, etc.

This is a comparison that shows exactly HOW OUTCLASSED BRAND NEW Corvettes are compared to equally priced competition from 4 years ago.

HPA VW Golf GTI R32 FULLY LOADED MSRP $54,000

575 BHP

0-60 MPH 3.2 seconds

1/4 mile 11.49

VMAX 333 km/h

2008 Corvette ZO6

$65,690 BASE MSRP

505 BHP

1/4 mile 11.7

VMAX 318.65 km/h

If 4 year old cars that cost $12,000 less than a new Corvette ZO6 destroy a Corvette so badly then imagine what equally priced new cars can do to Corvettes. For $66,000, the same price as an 11.7 sec 1/4 mile Corvette ZO6, you can get an 8.5 to 9.0 second 1/4 mile Volkswagen GTI, EVO, etc. You can get a 1000 BHP VW GTI for less than the price of a 600 BHP Corvette.

Reply to
Sal

The R32 is centered around a 3.2-liter V-6 engine shared, interestingly enough, with the company's new full-size flagship, the Phaeton. It delivers 241 horsepower and 236 pound-feet of torque

Stinking sedan!

Reply to
Bob I

I don't know where you got your info, but the Phaeton has a lot more horsepower and torque than that in the US. In the US it comes with either a 4.2 liter V8 or a 12 cylinder 6.0 liter W12 engine detuned to produce 450bhp. The Phaeton will do 200MPH once the governor is removed. Perhaps in Europe the Phaeton is purposefully underpowered to save on gas money because gasoline is so expensive in Europe.

Reply to
Sal

You STOOPID MORON, I copied it DIRECTLY from the link and article you posted! Maybe if YOU could read you wouldn't be such an idiot! You would come off second best matching wits against a pile of doggy do! Why don't you just go step in front of a bus and do your part for global warming! Now just go away and take your heap of stinking sedan opinions with you.

BYE IDJUT!

Sal wrote:

Reply to
Bob I

That's like on Page 3 of the article. Everything I needed about the HPA R32 was on page one. Besides, that must be a European version of the Phaeton because it's crazy for a car like the Phaeton that weighs nearly 3 tons not to have at least an 8 cylinder engine if not a 12 cylinder engine. Frankly, I don't care how expensive gasoline is in Europe, it's CRAZY to put a 6 cylinder engine in a car like the Phaeton. If they can afford the car thent they can afford at least an 8 cylinder if not a 12 cylinder engine and bad gas milage.

Reply to
Sal