Amber Light

I have a 2005 Coupe and just found an amber light on the clip that holds the passenger side sun visor. There is the screw hole to mount the clip and to the left of that there is a small amber light that you
can't see from the driver or passenger seat. I found it by accident.I asked the Corvette Mechanic at my dealership and he didn't have a clue. does anyone here know what this light is for. Thanks.

Actually that light was on the C5 also and very few people found it or even ask about its purpose. GM calls it the "interior console flood lamp"... which remains on at all times. In other words it's a night light, it's description is in the manual for the C5 but I don't recall seeing it in the C6 manual.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Man Your Good! I should have asked you first, Thanks. That light is one of those little things that drove me crazy and NO ONE at the dealer , or owners I have talked to , had any Idea what is was, most didn't know it was there . Thanks again.....

I noticed it right away because of the flailing hands on the right side as I turned it loose in 3rd and 4th the first time. Visually recognizable over the audible screams. :-]]
--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

There's blue "accent" lighting in our Acura TSX that comes on when you turn on the headlights. For instance, one is in the overhead console, near the sunglasses holder, which gently illuminates the shifter. Our salesman was careful to point these lights out. I wonder why the Corvette salesperson didn't tell you about this feature during the walk through when you picked it up.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp
The "console light" is on the the bottom right-hand edge of the rear view mirror in my C4, is shown in the owner's manual and isn't on the build list so must have been part of the '89 base package. Have had this light in rental C5s for '98, '99 and '02. On a blackass night, this gizmo lights up the inside of the cockpit without screwing up one's night vision. In human-factors parlance, the color is referred to as, "low color temperature white."
OK folks, now for the contest--when did this light first appear??
Paul.
Dad explored his C5.7.9.3 (aka C6) and wrote:

At night, what do I win?

Very incisive Dad. Welcome back!! Paul
Dad wrote:

I had a similar light on my '77.
Don't know whether the earlier sharks with the early console had the light. I think the wiper switch was located around that part of the dash.
Brian

1977 is when they redesigned the dash. I think it may have been to avoid the lights on the climate controls and shifter as that is all that lights my '79. My '68 doesn't have anything like that.

as I

over
That's a sort of a night light that illuminates the shifter area of the console at night just enough to make the controls there visible at night. Had me baffled for a while, too.
--
Black/black/cashmere C6 ragtop F55/6-spd