C5 Vanity mirror

Greetings all, I managed to break the visor mirror loose from the visor. Seems like all I can find is the $90-100 replacement of the complete visor. Anyone have a source for just replacing the mirror assembly? I
just can't bring myself to glue it to the visor.
Thanks, Z
2001 coupe red
I did the same on the pass side of my C5. Flimsy plastic. very disappointing for a $50k auto. FBNE wrote:

They would have made it out of good old American cast iron if it weren't for the weight penalty.
robrjt wrote:

carbon fiber has no weight penalty... I am sure its an accountant's decision. Bob I wrote:

Heck, my entire driver's side visor disentegrated one day as I flipped it either up or down. The particle board inside just fell apart and the thing was hanging in my lap. I had to replace the entire assembly. Wish I'd have saved the mirror part so I could send it to somebody.
Why can't you just glue it back with some silicone caulk or similar?
Keith wrote:

I was really trying to avoid the whole idea of gluing it...It is starting to look more likely now. Thanks to all for the tips and advice. FBNE