Citroen C5 mirror

I think my outside temp. sensor has died, as I'm quite sure it hasn't been between 97 and 105 degrees over the last few days. The part itself costs about £18.00, but I'm blowed if I can work out how to dismantle the passenger side mirror to replace it. Has anyone else ever had to take one of these apart and can they let me into the secret!!

Regards

Philip Thornton-Evison

Reply to
ClaraNET

First I must say that i have never had to dismantle a C5 mirror but the principle is broadly the same for all modern mirrors. Almost all require that you GENTLY prise the mirror glass out of the housing first then this will allow access to the clips or tags which hold the outer cover on and also access to the screws which hold the motor and frame together. The only exceptions to this are MK4 Golfs and some Vauxhalls. Your other option is to visit your local Citroen bodyshop where their fitter will probably do the job in exchange for a few pints when the boss isn't looking !! Hope this helps.

Radar

Reply to
radar

Thanks for the info. Radar. The mirror is now apart and a new thermistor ordered. Even with the falling snow today the temp. reading was still 115 degrees....

Regards

Philip Thornton-Evison

Reply to
ClaraNET