C5 waterleak

Greetings all. I am looking for advice on stopping a water leak over the driver door. The seal for the removable top doesn't hold water at the car wash, it leaks (read pours) in at the top left portion of the
drivers window. Any suggestions to get it to seal properly again? I don't see any folded material or tears in rubber strip. 2001 C5
<FBNE> wrote in message > Greetings all. I am looking for advice on stopping a water leak

You might try a window adjustment, not that bad for the average owner to do.
The rear tip in adjusters for the windows ARE located right behind the red reflectors on the door panels. You DO NOT have to remove the door panel to get to it. The reflector is held in by two tabs at the top and a spring steel clip at the bottom. Pry up from the bottom carefully to remove it and gain access to the rear tip-in adjustment screw. Back off the lock nut (10 mm) and turn adjusting threaded rod (4 mm hex head) ccw to increase tip-in, cw to decrease. No need to hold the 18mm window regulator pulley inside the door.
The rubber grommet under the door at the rear gives access to the aforementioned 18mm, and a height adjuster (with the window rolled down).
Front tip-in and height adjustment is under the rubber grommet at the front. Similar to the rear, but entire assembly slides transversely with the body of the car. You'll see the slot and see what I am trying to say in words.
Go easy on the adjustments and plan on making more then one attempt to correct the problem. The seals need to re-adjust to your changes and may create another leak in other places. No problem if you go at it with some caution.
Good luck and let us know how it worked out for you.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

Sounds like a great Sunday afternoon project. I will post the results. Thank you
Huh...... GM thinking and making something logical and easy to work on? :-) LOL That is a great reply for the guy's problem ya old fart. Good on ya!
Dad wrote:
--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
FBNE wrote:

After much trial and error, I get it sorted out. No more leak. Thx Dad
<FBNE> wrote in message

You would tell me that when I have my '72 door apart to fix a broken outside door handle. Glad to help and thanks for the update.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51