Advice on water pumps

If anyone is about to buy a waterpump for a Series 2.25l engine, please note that if it is a Britparts one that it will need 4 M6 bolts to hold the pulley and fan on. Thankfully when I did mine today my neighbour had some he could give me, otherwise I would have been stuffed. Why did they think it was a good idea to go metric when a 1/4" UNF would do?

Regards

Phil Gardiner

Reply to
Phil Gardiner

Should have tapped the buggers out to 1/4", or failing that, 5/16"

Alex

Reply to
Alex