Drum brake shoe lining question

Has anyone experienced any differences (other than appearence) between a bonded lining and a riveted lining as far as stopping power, wear, noise,
etc?
lib wrote:

Bonded linings were first introduced in the '50s on lower priced passenger cars and, for a given lining life, cost less to manufacture than do riveted linings. Forty years ago there was discussion among brake shop guys that bonded linings were not suitable for heavy-duty or high-temperature applications. Larger passenger cars & trucks continued with riveted linings. The other side of the coin is that it's easier to write off a retooling cost over 200,000 vehicles than it is on 50,000 (the accountants always win.)
Bonding materials have improved. I don't give it a thought--just buy a recognized brand and the the type of material I want.