electrical in dash

I have a C4 with one problem, when running, the dash speedometer, and other components blink continuously. Someone said it may be fuse issue, this was checked and fine. It starts just fine, but don't want to drive with this problem. Any suggestions that may help.

Thanks

Reply to
red_vette

Sounds like a loose ground on the circuit board in an 86-89 or an intermittent 'day-night' sensor. There are different dashs and instruments in C4s. What year? If 86-89, is the cruise control working properly when the the blinking happens?

Reply to
PJ

Have an electrical repair shop check the ground wire....I ran a new ground wire to an engine bolt and the problem was fixed..also if you have to send out the cluster for repair look on ebay..some really good repair bargains there..not too difficult to remove the entire cluster....And by the way you can still drive the Vette with the cluster removed....I did this and was pulled over for speeding...when I showed the officer that I had no speedometer (or any instruments).and the Vette was my only car .he let me go with a verbal warning...FHP..never heard that excuse before.

Reply to
grayfox

I have a friend that may the problem....I'll ask him and get back to you.

Reply to
cyndy

I have a friend that may the problem....I'll ask him and get back to you.

Reply to
cyndy

My friend had the same advice as greyfox, sorry it took this long to get back.

Good Luck!

Reply to
cyndy