1987 Golf in-dash front speakers

hello everyone?

I have just been told my original 1987 front speakers that are in the dash at the front should be changed, as they are woefully inadequate (and sounding bad ) for the new stereo/cd player i just got?

My question is this ?How do you get them out? It looks like there is a panel over them on either side of the dash but I dont want to force anything?

Thanks for the thought!

Michael

1987 Rat Golf
Reply to
WBL

Randolph

actually it's just a small part of strip, almost square in shape...

... one screw only...

After removing the screw just pull the panel/grille towars you, pressing down a bit may help, as there's kind of a spring undeneath - stock at least.

Ingo

Reply to
Ingo Braune