The CARS thing -- Couldn't do it!

Page 2 of 2

I'm pissed too. I broke a bone in my left foot and have to wear this enormous heavy boot for a while, so the 'Vette stays parked. Grrr. Good thing the daily driver is an automatic.
AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

drive, worked ok. Hang in there, it can get worse.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Thanks for the thought. I didn't mention the next two weeks are on crutches. Ugh. The thing that really gets me is the day before it snapped I went to a podiatrist to have it checked out. X-rays looked clean and it was diagnosed as "probably tendonitis." Had to be a stress fracture that didn't show up on the x-rays.
AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

My home value went down 200,000 and the land went up 200,000. Citizen's revolted and cried "foul!" So they lowered the land values some more lowered the home values a little to quiet the crowd. Then raised the tax rates. This is a no win deal!

Very thought provoking thread. I like Dad's summary of the situation. I think this Cash for Guzzlers Program is much more productive for the environment and the economy than pouring trillions into the coffers of the financial institutions that bundled up upside down mortgages into CDAs and got paid back for it. Worse yet, paid the executives obscene bonuses for their malfeasance.
From what I've read, there are criminal investigations going on and maybe the crooks with get their comeuppance. If the first one (excluding Madoff and Stanford), Bank of America, is an example of this, we are in trouble. The Bank, not Lewis, got fined a paltry $15M.
Bob (this is all going to come back on our children) Drake 67 Roadster 74 Coupe 92 Coupe 00 Convert

They have all the saps watching and playing "party politics" while they screw us all by going right up the center of the aisle. And no one has quite figured that out.
-W