OT- The NutraSweet thing?

I wanted to start this in a new thread because I feared it would get lost in the thread of the original post.

Here's a question a scientist would ask: did we as a nation see a spike in cancers, especially in cancers of a certain type, after the introduction of NutraSweet?

Think about it---people are consuming literally tons of the stuff and have been since it replaced saccharin. If it were carcinogenic to any appreciable degree then we as a nation would have seen a huge spike on cancer deaths. And there's been time to see this result even if it were only visible in the long-term. Hasn't NutraSweet been on the market for at least 20 years?

Do we have the cancer data to support saying it's bad?

Reply to
Sean Elkins

I'm not so worried about cancer as I am other metabolic disorders, such as diabetes and hypertension.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®